Added: 22nd November 2017
3 Hot Drinks Recipes You Can Make in Your Office
With winter and the festive season soon approaching, there are countless opportunities to spice up your average hot beverage recipes to make those cold days warm and pleasant! Of course, going all out in properly preparing these sweet delights would require a coffee shop or a home kitchen setting. But today we’re going to go over some seasonal winter hot beverages that can be prepared by anyone, in their very own office!
Many offices nowadays will have a bean-to-cup machine, and these are ideal for brewing the perfect espresso, ready for some of the drinks below. Having a hot water dispenser will also help here and will save time lost in boiling the kettle!
Let’s have a look at some of these easy to make festive treats.
London Fog Latte
The London Fog Latte hails from Vancouver and is a modern spin the classic Earl Grey. It’s a simple recipe that uses Earl Grey tea as its base combined with comforting steamed milk and vanilla syrup or extract. Simply brew your Earl Grey tea as you normally would, add some steamed milk (or microwave heated if you don’t have a steam wand or milk frother) a touch of vanilla syrup, some lavender (optional), and then steep and serve!
• Earl Grey tea bag (use 1-2 bags depending on strength preference)
• Milk (steam in frothing machine if available, or heat in microwave)
• Sugar (optional – use a pinch of whatever sweetener or granulated sugar you like)
• A dollop of Vanilla extract
• Lavender (optional)
The gingerbread latte is a seasonal favourite and can be found in many well-known coffee shops and retailers worldwide. All you need is a few shots of espresso, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, gingerbread flavoured syrup and some milk – and then you will become the office hero! It may take a couple of extra minutes, but it’s worth it for this festive treat.
Simply brew your espresso as normal and then steam or heat the milk, add all other ingredients, and serve! Here’s what you need:
• 2 ounces espresso coffee (from bean-to-cup coffee machine or otherwise)
• 2 tablespoons gingerbread flavoured syrup
• ½ cup milk steamed (or microwaved)
• 1/8 cup whipped cream (optional)
• 1 pinch ground nutmeg
• 1 pinch ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
White Hot Chocolate
White hot chocolate is a holiday favourite with small and big kids alike! It’s perfectly acceptable for adults to enjoy this festive favourite around the office and is a break away from the classic hot chocolate! This easy-to-make drink can be whipped up in several different ways and does not require many ingredients or a lot of preparation.
• 1-2 cups steamed, frothed, or microwaved milk (subbing milk for water is optional)
• ½ cup of white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate bar
• ½ teaspoon vanilla powder or vanilla extract (optional)
• ½ cup marshmallows (optional)
• Garnish with candy canes (optional)
Autumn and winter are the perfect seasons to try some new hot drinks and see how creative you can get. With recipes readily available all over the internet, you can turn the espresso into a different drink for every day, so why not treat the office!