Added: 29th March 2017
- Dubbed the most secure coin in the world and based on the old three penny bit.
- 12-sided it will stand out by sight and by touch
- The outer ring is gold coloured (nickel-brass) and inner ring is silver coloured (nickel-plated alloy)
- It has an image like a hologram that changes from a ‘£’ symbol to the number ‘1’ when the coin is seen from different angles.
- A hidden high security feature is built into the coin to protect it from counterfeiting.
Every vending machine in the UK will need its coin mechanism upgraded to accept both the new and old coin.